As a VCANZ Celebrant I am able to officiate registry ceremonies. This came about in 2020, as COVID first hit and registry offices were closed.
So what is a registry ceremony?
• It is simple with a fixed, standard script and set vows.
• It is held during business hours, excluding weekends and public holidays.
• It can be officiated at your home or the celebrants office/home or an agreed location.
• Maximum of 20 guests including the celebrant and two witnesses (some venues may require less numbers).
• The couple and the celebrant do not meet prior to the ceremony, but an agreement is emailed prior to the event.
• The cost is $90.00 to be paid in advance.
• There are no additional charges permitted.
• Proof of identity must be supplied on the day.
It is not a registry ceremony when:
• There are photographers, videographers, music and installations which are typical features of a personalised ceremony. This was not permitted at the registry office or courthouse.
• A personalised ceremony needs to be booked if there are more than 20 guests and/or it is to be held at a wedding venue.
• It is scheduled to be held on a weekend or public holiday or more than three months in advance of the licence being issued.
• The celebrant must travel a significant distance, they cannot charge a travel fee, so if you are asking them to travel you will need to change it to a personalised ceremony.
I am happy to discuss options for your big day.